Things I do that help me sleep:
- Drink decaffeinated tea- My favorite teas, at the moment, are Rooibos and Chamomile tea.
- Keep regular sleep habits- Like a baby... I too need to stay on a sleeping schedule, if not it throws me off.
- Keep the bedroom dark, quiet, and cool.
- Avoid daytime naps- If I feel like I'm getting sleepy during the day, I set the alarm to avoid over sleeping.
- Exercise- Exercising regularly can improve sleep, although I try to avoid exercising too close to bedtime. Exercising right before bed causes stimulation, which can keep me up.
- Relax- Some activities that help me relax are to stretch, listen to soft music, use a heating pad and/or take a hot shower.
- Wind-down- Avoid anything that requires too much stimulation before bed. (working on this)
Here is a link, where you can learn more about 10 foods that help with sleep... http://www.healingfoodandherbs.com/10-foods-for-sleep/
-If you have trouble sleeping sometimes, as I do, try these techniques.. they may help! =)
What are some things you do to help you sleep?