Benefits of Juicing:
- Nutrients can be consumed at a high density
- Great for detoxing
- It contains healing properties
- Easy to digest, due to lack of fiber
- Vitamins and Nutrients can be absorbed quickly (more so on an empty stomach)
- Can give a boost of energy
Benefits of Blending
- High in Fiber, due to the pulp (in return you will feel fuller longer)
- The Fiber helps stabilize blood sugar levels
- You can add things such as flax seeds, hemp hearts, peanut butter...
- Can be substituted for a complete meal, since it is packed full of fiber and nutrients
- The fiber helps clean out the digestive system
I would really recommend juicing, blending or even both! What I like to do is juice things such as apples and pears, then add it as a base while blending. I blend a variety of greens such as spinach, kale, parsley, collards, mustard greens, etc. When adding the juice it overpowers the taste of the greens and tastes really good! When I first started blending I tried following recipes, but overtime I have found that a mixture of different fruits and vegetables can be added based on what vitamins, minerals and nutrients I am in need of. It's all about experimenting to see what works best.
It is important to drink juices and smoothies right away. After 15 minutes, light and air will destroy some of the nutrients. If not consumed right away, another option would be to store it in a dark airtight container.