Friday, August 1, 2014

Wah!


I've been to so many Drs and haven't really felt like they were doing as much as they could to help me with my chronic pain and mysterious illness. I understand that it is challenging to diagnose someone when all the tests are coming out negative, but the pain is real and sometimes even scary. Some Drs mentioned autoimmune disease, fibromyalgia, connective tissue disorder, lupus, etc. Just recently I switched to a different Dr for the 4th time. At this point I am tired... my body is tired, my mind is tired, and I am exhausted from telling the same things over and over again to Drs only to find it gets me nowhere. Anyways, this new Dr seems to be interested in helping me. Whew.... finally I feel like I am getting somewhere. About two weeks ago I had a blood test done and got my results.... everything was normal, except I tested positive for a lupus screening and it showed I am anemic. There wasn't too much information there, but the Dr is referring me to a rheumatologist to further investigate. I am so thankful for this Dr because he sits down and thoroughly explains everything to me, than takes the time to answer my questions. So if you are going through something similar, try not to give up! There has to be someone out there that can help. It might be frustrating, take time, patience, strength, energy and a lot of research, but in the end it will all be worth it once you find the right Dr...

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've finally got a good one there. i was diagnosed after changing doctors many times and advocating for myself and finally found I have a few autoimmune diseases and fibro. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Yes, I am very thankful that I found him. I was also diagnosed with Fibro and an autoimmune disease. I can relate. Good luck to you, as well. : )

      Delete